Having a true passion for the business you are managing is very important for your success. But passion alone is not enough. You also need core business skills to properly launch your organization and survive over the long term. You need to understand business planning, strategy, finance, and marketing. If you plan to hire people to help run things, you need communication skills, leadership skills, and an understanding of how to motivate and reward employees. You need a clear strategic vision for the company and an ability to make informed management decisions based on research and analysis of the market, the competition, and any other internal or external forces that can impact your business.
Empire 629 have designed a course specifically to teach you the fundamentals of business and to upskill you.
Our modules include: Strategy, Management, Marketing, Financials and Negotiations. On completion of this course, you will be able to: perform an industry analysis, carry out SWOT analysis, understand how to recruit, motivate and develop employees, understand financials, acquire the same business acumen as MBA graduates, and so much more.
Absolutely no experience is required. We will start from the basics and gradually build up your knowledge. Everything is in this course. All you require is a willingness to learn and practice
Fundamentals of Business Course Introduction
The fundamentals of business course has been specifically designed to upskill and educate you with regard to running a business.
- 1. Strategy – An Introduction
- 2. Strategy – The industry life cycle model
- 3. Strategy – Porter’s Five Forces model – The competitive dynamics in an industry
- 4. Strategy Game Theory – Studying the interaction between multiple parties
- 5. Strategy – Focusing on the inside of a business
- 6. Strategy Acquiring a competitive advantage
- 7. Strategy The three main competitive strategies
- 8. Strategy Corporate growth strategies
- 9. Strategy The SWOT analysis framework
- 10. Strategy Tesla – practical case study
- 1. Marketing An Introduction
- 2. Marketing Building a Marketing Strategy
- 3. Marketing How to set up an effective Marketing Mix
- 4. Marketing How to set up an effective Marketing Mix – Product decisions
- 5. Marketing How to set up an effective Marketing Mix – Pricing decisions
- 6. Marketing How to set up an effective Marketing Mix – Place decisions
- 7. Marketing How to set up an effective Marketing Mix – Promotion decisions
- 8. Marketing How to set up an effective Marketing Mix – A dynamic concept
- 9. Marketing Marketing strategy in the long run
- 1. Accounting An Introduction
- 2. P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow – The three main financial statements
- 3. Revenue and cost recognition principles – This is how we register financials
- 4. Accounting Fundamental Accounting principles
- 5. A complete Case Study from scratch – Bookkeeping, P&L, and Balance Sheet
- 6. Accounting Understanding how to calculate cash flow
- 7. Accounting The importance of timing when registering financials
Negotiations and Persuasions